With Christmas fast approaching and the fresh winter air causing havoc with my dry skin I was over the moon when Katharine, my local Tropic ambassador and family friend, offered to give me a facial to demonstrate the new products Tropic has to offer. I have previously reviewed the lash extension kit from Tropic and it is a firm favourite in my beauty routine. I must admit I can be lazy when it comes to my skincare routine and my skin was crying out for some TLC. Tropic have recently revamped their packaging, the products still look clean and fresh but they now come in a removable sleeve of beautifully coloured leaves, all of the colours are from the natural ingredients Tropic use. The luxury body oils include a skeletal magnolia leaf or a dried golden everlasting flower, they look absolutely stunning.
- She started off using the Face Smooth Brightening Polish which is a gentle face scrub. You rub a small amount on to dry skin with dry hands in circular movements (avoiding the eye area). This really exfoliates, whilst not being too harsh, the small bamboo silica work perfectly. If like me you were wondering about the issue of microbeads and the harsh impact they have on the environment then don’t worry as the bamboo silica is a natural alternative to microbeads and not full of all the nastys microbeads are. Once you have really worked the polish into the skin rinse your hands with warm water and continue to work in circular motions until it has all melted into your skin. This is both the best and gentlest exfoliator I have ever come across. It smells amazing and leaves you feeling fresh.
- Next she moved on to the award winning Smoothing Cleanser Complexion Purifier. You massage a couple of pumps of this over your face, eyes and neck in circular movements to increase circulation. Once it is really worked in wipe away with the soft bamboo cloth rinsed in warm water. If you’re wearing makeup this will remove any makeup. This smells like chamomile, which I never been a fan of – until now. Everything from Tropic smells so good.
- She then gave my face a spritz of the Vitamin Toner Pore Refining Mist. Toner is a really important step in any skincare routine, exfoliation and cleansing really open up your pores to clean them and toner minimises those pores again. If you think about it, leaving your pores open to all the nastys can’t be good, I am definitely never skipping this step again. This smells of rose water and cucumber and was the quickest of all of the steps in the routine but it probably made a huge difference. Toner also helps to balance the PH level in your skin.
- A couple of pumps of the Skin Revive Nourishing Cream Concentrate is worked into the skin using upward circular motions to moisturise. This one smells fruity and is packed full of healthy, natural oils. This is possibly the best moisturiser I have ever used and this is the main item going on my Christmas list.
- Next she used a couple of drops of Organic Elixir Age-Defying Facial Oil. Most people my age think that anything with age-defying in the product name shouldn’t be used, but it is never too early to look after your skin and prevent signs of aging. Prevention is better than cure, or so they say. I was a little worried about the use of oil on my face. Although I don’t tend to have a problem with oily skin, most people work very hard to remove oil from their skin and it seems odd to then add oil. My worries were definitely laid to rest when I felt how soft it made my skin, specially the dry sections. It is also full of vitamin E, the more vitamins the better.
My face was ridiculously soft for a good few days after my facial and I had plenty of compliments on how radiant my skin looked. I will definitely be doing this again.
Tropic is a great luxury skincare brand, but it is worth every penny. All of their products are natural and environmentally conscious, they never test on animals and are vegan friendly. Pure, Honest and Effective leads to premium products that produce premium results. If you want to try out any of these products get in touch with one of your local ambassadors or check out the Tropic website.
*This is a review of Tropic products used during a facial provided by an ambassador for Tropic.